Start Your Design System
August 18, 2020
August 20, 2020
Join our Principal of Design Systems Shawn Hickman for a two-part, virtual workshop on how to create your own design system in a sustainable way.
About this Workshop
This is a two-part, virtual workshop
- Part 1 will run on Tuesday, August 18, 2020 from 6:00 – 8:00 p.m. EDT.
- Part 2 will run on Thursday, August 20, 2020 from 6:00 – 8:00 p.m. EDT.
Design systems are an essential element of modern product development. Even though a system is essential, creating and evolving it can be confusing and overwhelming. Join us and learn how to create your own design system in a sustainable way.
This virtual workshop is well suited for those who want to meet the following goals:
- Learn how to identify and prioritize what needs to be in your organization’s design system
- Learn how to organize your system into a storefront for easier distribution and communication
- Learn what is necessary to not only create a system, but to grow it sustainably
Proceeds from the Workshop
We are donating all of the proceeds of this event to the PHL COVID-19 Fund and the Bread and Roses Community Fund.
About the Presenter
The “space ranger” of Think Company, Shawn is a seasoned designer with an outspoken appreciation for the artistry and attention to detail of the Disney/Pixar family. A passionate learner, optimist, and dreamer, the influence is evident in his work and his interaction style.