Just like that, 2021 is coming to a close. We can’t believe it. We’re looking back at all the hard work our team has put in this year! When they weren’t working on client projects, they were busy crafting blog posts, guides, and insights reports to share their expertise in user experience design and technology.
We took a look under the hood to uncover the most read content from the past year. Check out our 10 most loved blog posts of 2021, filled with tips and tricks, strategies, and insights from our team of Thinkers.
Top 10 user experience and technology blog posts from Think Company
10. Why I Hate Jenkins – Let’s get one thing straight—we don’t hate Jenkins in theory, but our Director of Technology grapples with Jenkins in practice. Head to the blog post where John Young shares his struggle when using Jenkins and why he believes there is no substitute for DevOps expertise.
9. How We Transitioned a Fortune 100 Company’s Product Design Team to Figma—And Lived to Talk About It – Switching design tools is a huge undertaking and should only be considered when the potential benefits are worth the disruption. We didn’t take this transition lightly. Learn how we siloed a design process that used four different applications into one single source of truth and design space—with the support of our fellow designers and forward-thinking leadership.
8. How to Foster Great Design with Creativity and Structure – As experience designers, we’re not only bound by our clients’ business objectives, but also by what people need or want from the thing we’re designing. Check out this blog post to learn actionable ways to foster creativity within a structured, goal-oriented project environment.
7. Quality Assurance Checklist for UX Engineers – If you’re a developer or UX engineer looking to write your best code possible while anticipating user and developer needs, use this list as a guide while you’re working. The goal is to balance user experience and developer experience—because you should enjoy writing code for your products!
6. Tips for UX Leadership in an Enterprise Agile Environment – In this recap from one of our panel-style webinars, our team of experts discusses the tools and techniques we’ve used in the past to enable successful UX leadership in enterprise environments. Head to the blog post to learn more about our tips for working with people, implementing a process, and using the right tools to help you along the way.
5. Avoiding Expensive Errors with Better User Interface Design – Remember when Citibank lost a $500M lawsuit because of their poorly-designed banking interface? Two lessons came from this. One, your employee experience becomes your customer experience. Two, business systems should be as usable as consumer products. Are you a product owner at an enterprise business? Read more to learn how to avoid mistakes that could cost you big!
4. Why We Changed “Nice” to “Kind” in One of Our Core Values – A Thinker favorite, this blog post explains how our team came together to discuss and ultimately change one of our core values to ensure our values are evolving as we do. Read more about why we think this “seemingly small change can have a large impact.”
3. Effective Content Strategy in Regulated Environments – Learn from our team of content strategists about how content strategy can transform the performance of digital tools and products in pharma, finance, and similar regulated industries and ease the burden of these requirements on the business—streamlining the regulatory review process.
2. Career Tips & Resources for Aspiring UI/UX Designers – This jam-packed list of resources is a must-read for anyone interested in transitioning into the UX or technology field. This list was cultivated and created collaboratively with multiple design team members, including hiring managers and experienced practitioners. Bookmark this one—we’ll continue to update the resources.
1. Quick Tips for Story Point Estimation in Agile Design and Development – In this post, our team uncovers methods and tips that they’ve used to size stories in Agile design and development projects. Check out this candid team discussion about the various techniques we’ve used with our clients and within our agency.
More UX and technology insights to come in 2022
At Think Company, we work to create seamless experiences and add value to products and services to ensure they’re accessible, impactful, and smart—and to solve the complex problem at hand. Part of that process includes a focus on education, research, and bettering ourselves so we can provide you and our clients with meaningful collaborations.
Our blog uncovers the voices of our designers, technologists, content strategists, leadership, and practitioners as they embark on the journey of growing in our field. Stay tuned as they continue to share valuable insights and trends that surface in the new year.