Think Brownstone has grown in so many ways since we started, it’s hard to believe it has only been four years. Today, we have an ever-growing list of happy clients, a crew of smart and talented designers, and soon we’ll have even more Think Space. There’s a lot of work to do, and it’s time to add another Brownstoner to the ranks.
This time around we’re looking for someone with a special combination of skills that are near and dear to my heart. As an experience design consultancy, 80% of the work we do every day involves helping people think through solutions to problems, streamline user workflows, and sketch easy-to-use interfaces – these are essential Think Brownstone skills. Then there’s the other 20%: Visual Design. Making It Beautiful. “Bringing It Home.” My training in graphic design taught me about this important step in the design process – and in today’s highly competitive market, smart companies know that making their stuff really beautiful is simply not optional. And so, we’re in the process of growing our team of visual designers.
Here’s the official job description:
Position: User Experience Designer (Visual)
- Create beautiful user interface and visual designs for web, mobile, and touchscreen applications
- Come up with solutions to clients’ problems via design and usability recommendations
- Work collaboratively as part of a creative team that includes both clients and internal colleagues
- Build and maintain positive relationships with clients
- Facilitate creative brainstorming sessions with clients and internal project teams
- Stay up-to-date on the current and best UI and visual design practices and trends; stay up-to-date on current web technologies and innovations
- Bachelors degree or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years of professional interaction, user interface, and visual design experience – with an online portfolio to showcase this work
- Fantastic presentation, verbal and writing skills
- Advanced skill in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator or equivalents
- Skill in Web Standards compliant HTML and CSS development
- Experience designing interfaces for iOS applications (iPhone, iPad)
- Obsessive attention to detail
- Project management experience or willingness to take on some project management responsibilities
- Excellent benefits: health, life, disability, IRA, PTO, yoga
- Competitive salary
- Awesome creative workspace in downtown Conshohocken: walking distance to great local restaurants, easy access to Philadelphia via regional rail
Apply: Take a look around the rest of our blog and you’ll learn that we’re a diverse group of designers who love our jobs and have a pretty darn good time here at work. If you’re a talented Experience Designer with a focus on the visual/aesthetic and a stunning portfolio that highlights your interactive experience, let’s talk. Send an email with a cover letter, resume and link to your online portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line, “I Think I’m a Brownstoner”. We look forward to meeting you.