New Book on Design for Cognitive Bias by Thinker David Dylan Thomas
Published by A Book Apart, Design for Cognitive Bias is the perfect read for anyone looking to understand how bias can manifest in products and services—through user behavior as well as the decisions we make as designers and organizational leaders.
September 1, 2020
In his book, Dave uses real-world examples to identify some particularly harmful biases that frequently lead users to make bad decisions, and he examines the content strategy and design choices we can use in our apps, designs, and platforms to redirect or eliminate the impact of those biases. He also explores our own biases as designers and builders of tools, plus the methods we can use to prevent those blind spots from hurting users.
You’ll take something valuable away from Design for Cognitive Bias if…
- You are a UX/UI designer, content strategist, technologist, or organizational leader who works closely with digital tools and processes, and you want to build the best experience for the people using your products
- You have an interest in cognitive biases, but you don’t know how these biases apply to the world of design and technology
- Your job involves helping people make decisions, and you want to make sure you understand how people make decisions so you can get better at your job
You can purchase a paperback or digital copy of Design for Cognitive Bias on the A Book Apart website.
If you want to learn the basics of cognitive bias in design, watch a recording of Dave’s webinar on Design for Cognitive Bias: Using Mental Shortcuts for Good Instead of Evil.
The entire Think Company team sends our heartfelt congratulations to Dave on this huge achievement!
Some Praise for Design for Cognitive Bias
“David explains cognitive bias with extraordinary clarity and compassion. He has made an intimidating topic supremely accessible for design and content professionals in every field. His work truly inspires and empowers us to build better products for a better world.”
– Kristina Halvorson, Author of of Content Strategy for the Web
“David shows us how dangerous our biases can be and gives us tools to embrace what we don’t know we don’t know.”
– Mike Monteiro, Author of Ruined by Design