We take adding new Thinkers to heart. Think Company has one of the highest retention rates in our industry because of the care we put into showing everyone who works here how much we appreciate them.
Think Company is successful
because we provide a supportive, caring, and fair environment that is rich with culture, challenge, and learning
so we can
attract, develop and retain a uniquely skilled, capable, and committed team
operates in alignment with our core values.
– Taken from a slide created at an internal meeting in 2018, when we revisited our goals and purpose.
Want to Join Our Team?
We have a thorough vetting process to identify high-caliber Thinkers who can join our roster of high-performing designers, developers, and project managers.
To set you up for success, we’ve outlined our application process and provided some tips for putting your best foot forward and showcasing your abilities. All of our current Thinkers have gone through a process like this. Here’s what you can expect:
Check out our openings and submit all of the following if you’re interested:
- A cover letter introducing yourself. Good consultants tell compelling stories, so tell us what you’re all about.
- A resume that outlines your relevant experience.
- A portfolio that includes a selection of work samples or URLs that showcase some of your best work, whether that’s design, front-end code, or something else. We believe looking at actual work is critical to get a sense for how you think. Your samples should demonstrate your problem solving approach, philosophy, and your involvement in the design and/or development process. Bonus points for work related to complex business systems. Our hiring managers want to know if you “speak our language” and would be able to join a project at Think Company and jump right into our environment. We’ll keep anything that you share with us confidential, but feel free to remove names or other details you’re not comfortable sharing.
If your background and work samples inspire us, we’ll set up an initial call to talk about your experience, qualifications, and interest in Think Company. You’ll also have a chance to ask questions about the role and what it’s like to work at Think Company.
Before we meet in person, if we agree there’s an opportunity for a fit, we’ll schedule a longer follow-up phone call with your potential hiring manager so you can get to know each other. Please be prepared to discuss a project you are currently involved in or recently completed. You may want to address:
- Your plan, approach, and the project status
- What challenges, risks, or issues you faced, and and how you mitigated those
- What your relationship with your client was like
- How you handled the project’s scope, budget, and documentation
- How you fostered communication with your team and client
- What tools you used
- What you learned from the experience
Ultimately, we’ll want to meet you in person.
If it makes sense for us to continue our conversation, we’ll assign you a Think Exercise—a chance for you to show us how you would approach a design challenge, and an opportunity to meet in person (or remotely if that’s not possible). If you’re a developer, plan to work through a few code katas with us. If you’re a PM, plan to talk through a recent project you managed. If you’re a designer you may want to take a week or more to prepare your Think Exercise presentation.
We’ll schedule 90 minutes for you to share your work and have more in-depth conversations with a few Thinkers.
When it’s clear your interests and capabilities match our needs—and we meet yours—we’ll welcome you to the Think team. Get ready to envision, design, and create experiences that enhance people’s lives!
We have some great things planned for your first few weeks to get you acquainted with Think Company, including:
- A thorough on-boarding process
- Time with your on-boarding buddy
- Time to meet clients, see how we pitch Think Company, and opportunities to meet your colleagues and learn more about our engagements
- A series of welcome events to meet our founders and other people who have helped to build Think Company
- A social event to welcome you to the team
It’s Not Over Until It’s Over
Honesty is one of our core values, so if we don’t extend you an offer to join our team, we will be very transparent about why.
We encourage you to stay in touch and periodically check our website and follow us on social media as new opportunities become available. If future positions open up for which you feel you are a better fit—or if your skill set appreciably changes—please apply again!
Send us a postcard, drop us a line
Interested in working with us?
We scope projects and build teams to meet your organization's unique design and development needs. Tell us about your project today to start the conversation.