Getting Past the "What Do We Do Now?" Conversation in Black and Brown Tech
Hosted on October 8, 2020 at 3:00 pm EDT
About this Webinar
As a result of George Floyd’s death and the public outcry for more just and equal rights among Black people, tech companies have been reflective of their own practices and thinking of ways they can contribute to building a more diverse tech workforce.
There’s a ton of research showing that having more diverse teams and executive leadership leads to more profit and productivity for companies. So, why don’t we see more diverse teams?
Over the past four months, many in our community have initiated conversations about how to build a more diverse tech ecosystem. In this interview-style webinar we explored a big question facing our industry: how do we move beyond asking ourselves about the problems with diversity in tech and instead ask ourselves what success looks like in DEI initiatives at our companies? Then, how do we work backwards from there to start making progress?
This is part of our ongoing webinar series on tackling design and technology challenges.
About Our Guest
Thanks for Watching!
Thanks for watching Getting Past the “What Do We Do Now?” Conversation in Black and Brown Tech with Ashley Turner. Below you’ll find some resources that Ashley and Dave mentioned during their interview.
Resources from the presentation
- Find diverse talent and other resources with Diversify Tech
- Learn how to conduct an internal diversity audit
- Browse 80+ diversity in the workplace statistics you should know
- Read the Design Justice Network principles
- Learn more about Hopeworks
- Learn more about content and UX salary transparency
- Write inclusive job descriptions with Textio
- Join the Content and UX Slack community