- Parents, students, and guidance counselors were extremely frustrated with existing software for researching and managing communications with universities due to system limitations and poor user experiences
- Guidance counselors tended to rely on established relationships with a handful of schools and didn’t have a reliable tool to surface new schools that matched with the requirements/interests of students
- Universities were frustrated with not having a tool for assessing student “fit” (not just Intelligence Quotient, but also Emotional Quotient and Creative Quotient) prior to costly and time consuming in-person meetings with candidates
We created the “match.com” for universities and students, with additional unique features and interfaces for parents and guidance counselors.
- Designed the complete experience and aesthetic (including logo and brand guidelines) for the new product and company; a responsive web application designed to match applicants with universities—including unique interfaces for students, parents, guidance counselors, and university admissions
- Included extensive research with all persona groups and involvement with business strategy and validation
- Created new types of digital interactions between students and schools using social web conventions, video, and more