- Infusion pumps commonly used for administering medication allow healthcare professionals to program upper and lower dosing limits to reduce human error. However, few organizations take advantage of this feature or have the right limits set; nearly all medications require multiple dosing entries for unique patient populations. With thousands of medications to be programmed, management was becoming overwhelming and extremely time consuming
- Software tools provided by pump manufacturers were poorly designed, lacked workflow and standards, relied on highly manual processes and required a substantial amount of training and retraining
- As a leading medical institution, the client had multiple pumps from different manufacturers with different administration and reporting interfaces
We created an intuitive, automated interface for the management and reporting of all pumps across manufacturer types, made highly sought-after dosing recommendations (generated by the institution) available to other healthcare providers, and ultimately improved healthcare while reducing errors and driving down costs.
- Performed extensive evaluation of existing software and workflows to generate recommendations based on usability best practices
- Created an early proof-of-concept for executive stakeholders to determine viability and pricing with potential customers, evaluate the effectiveness of the product in real world settings, and make the business case to bring this product to market
- Performed design validation with stakeholders
- Redesigned the software interface and provided a Build Kit® with all design guidelines and front-end assets to support the build