- Multiple existing intranet sites confused employees, had incomplete and overlapping content and purpose, were inconsistent in style and approach, and were being inconsistently used across departments
- As smaller organizations were acquired, integration became more difficult as those new companies often had their own systems and workflows
- Client needed to find a design partner able to work within the established Agile development process, provide clearly defined design assets and front-end code that could be leveraged and extrapolated during integration, and provide design support during integration
We connected a global community of many thousands of employees such that they are able to effectively communicate and collaborate regardless of location, department or job function.
- Helped prioritize features and functions and create a fluid roadmap for design and development
- Designed a visual approach for representing content and introduced taxonomy and interactions that more closely aligned with the mental models of users
- Performed periodic usability testing, A/B testing of new features/functions, created style guides and reference materials to guide ongoing maintenance and updates while driving consistency
- Leveraged existing branding guidelines and worked within the established Agile framework