Online Product Catalog and eCommerce Workflow for a Multinational Telecommunications Company
- Company wanted to move beyond being seen as a simple transactional product provider to a more strategic thought-leader in support of large scale technology installations
- Customers expressed frustration with the existing taxonomy and ability to intuitively locate products and product detail
- Following an acquisition, there were significant challenges around creating a consistent user experience across a greatly expanded product line
We increased customer exposure, in an intuitive and relevant manner, to the many products of a global parts manufacturer that keeps vital networks around the world performing securely and at their peak.
- Performed extensive user research, made recommendations, and converted findings into direct design decisions for the online catalog and purchasing engine
- Consolidation and integration efforts as a business unit from another large-scale player in the industry was purchased and assimilated—significantly growing and diversifying the catalog
- Dual path design of both a temporary near-term solution and the ideal long-term solution