We are looking for a Senior iOS Engineer to join our team at Think Company.
Think Company operates in the United States as a remote-first company, with the potential for as-needed travel associated with client needs. As such, please consider this a remote (work-from-home) position. Please note that Thinkers are expected to operate within Eastern Standard Time Zone business hours.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The ideal candidate for this role will be comfortable translating designs into accessible, stateful, component-based code. An in-depth understanding of the modern web and iOS development stacks -- from npm modules to code bundling and from RESTful and GraphQL APIs to browser rendering – is crucial. You should also be comfortable coding to established standards/conventions, working with code versioning systems, and collaborating with cross-functional teams.
Nice-to-haves include experience with design systems, writing test-driven code, experience working in an Agile Scrum environment.
No matter your technical and teamwork qualifications, we're looking for someone who happily contributes to documentation, demonstrates attention to detail, has strong communication skills, and aligns with Think Company's core values.
- Be a developer consultant with the ability to work and speak with senior-level individuals at client organizations, even when you don’t know everyone in the room.
- Be a key development strategist for your project, fostering understanding with your internal team but also keeping the client up to date.
- Work with client and vendor teams to understand their methodologies and workflows to better execute on the client’s goals in context of the project.
- Build code pattern libraries, responsive page templates, and single-page web applications from annotated visual designs
- Be an advocate of technology and understand current trends, while also being knowledgeable of future trends.
- Work closely with visual and UX designers, understanding creative vision and advising on accessible components, technical feasibility and best practices for optimal user experience.
- Be an empathetic mentor to other Think Company and client developers as they work towards mastery of software development in an enterprise environment.
- Be a thought leader in development, often researching and knowing the latest development trends and methodologies and socializing them with the team.
- Have experience developing using Xcode and iOS Simulator.
- Have familiarity with developing hybrid applications using Typescript and CapacitorJS
- Possess a keen ability to craft clear solutions in the face of complex problems.
- Experience with front-end development practices including accessibility, progressive enhancement, cross-browser/platform compatibility, performance, and pre-processors/build tools
- Experience writing project requirements and technical documentation for testing and development.
- Experience with git, svn, or similar version control systems and knowledge of Git Flow methodologies
- The ability to work with many groups within a large organization and understand the key players.
- Knowing when to call out setbacks as risks for a successful delivery.
- Have experience developing with content management systems
- Understand the intricacies of a well-formatted HTML document and CSS.
- Understand how to use current front-end tools such as Babel, ESLint, tsconfig, and Webpack.
Nice to have
- Familiarity with Electron JS
- Familiarity with web components
- Experience working in monorepos
- Experience working with Next.js
- Competitive salaries, raises, and bonuses
- Matched retirement account
- Flexible paid time off
- 100% paid health and dental insurance
- Work where you want
- Paid parental leave
- Personal training budgets
- 100% paid life and disability insurance
- 5 year anniversary trip
- Commuter benefits
Check out Similar Roles
Life at Think
We're more than what we make
At Think Company, we build teams of talented practitioners, solve tough problems, and log off in time for dinner.Life at Think
From the blog
Want to know what makes us tick?
Here's what we've been thinking about lately.